With the new bankruptcy law, what matters most for you is having aknowledgeable professional who specializes in debt relief and bankruptcy. The firm of Barbara B. Braziel not only specializes in these areas, but we also have over 35 years of experience. Let these qualities help bring you Relief.
Bankruptcy should not be a confusing process, so the following 5-step process has been designed to help guide you to financial freedom:
- Contact us to set an appointment for a free confidential consultation.
- Prepare for your appointment. Gather 60 days of bank statements and pay stubs, a copy of your bills, and your last year’s tax return.
- Formulate a Plan. Our professionals will lead you through the process of filing for bankruptcy from start to finish. We will evaluate your income and expenses to create a plan that will work for you.
- File with Bankruptcy Court. Once you have filed with bankruptcy court, an “automatic stay” immediately takes effect. This will stop creditors from making direct contact with you and will stop, foreclosure proceedings, repossessions, garnishments, and/or tax levies from the day of the filing forward.
- Trustee Meeting. Approximately one month after filing, you will meet with your trustee. At this meeting, creditors can attend, but most creditors do not. Should a creditor have an objection, most are resolved through negotiations.