If you’re considering bankruptcy, it is wise to get advice early. Bankruptcy is a powerful legal tool to help you get out of debt. It has a number of other legal benefits as well. For example, bankruptcy can halt a car repossession and stop a foreclosure sale. An important aspect of any bankruptcy case is the day of filing. Having information early can help you make strategic decisions.
We encourage you to seek the advice of an experienced bankruptcy attorney as soon as you are considering filing. The advice you get will help you determine if bankruptcy is the right choice, how it can help you, and when the best time to file is for you.
Here are just a few reasons why you should be proactive about getting bankruptcy advice:
- Getting advice is risk-free. Many bankruptcy attorneys offer free consultations. So, getting advice can cost you nothing. Meeting with an attorney does not mean that you have to file bankruptcy right away, or at all. If you live in the Savannah, GA area, we invite you to meet with us for a free consultation.
- Dischargeable debts incurred before filing for bankruptcy are included in your bankruptcy and may be erased. Debts incurred after the date of filing are not part of your bankruptcy case and cannot be erased in your bankruptcy. If the situation causing your financial crisis is not yet resolved, then it is important to consider when the best time for you to file will be.
- Bankruptcy has the power to stop a home foreclosure, but your case must be filed before the foreclosure sale is complete. Timing is critical.
- Certain older tax debts can be erased through bankruptcy. It is important to understand when the proper time to file is so that you can maximize the benefits of filing for bankruptcy.
- Stop Repossession of your vehicle.
Understanding your options and how bankruptcy operates early will empower you to make the decisions that are best for you. Advice from a knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney will help you navigate the complexities of bankruptcy law.
How Can Bankruptcy Help Me?
We’re committed to helping people get out of debt and gain the financial freedom they deserve. We invite you to learn more about who we are here. If you live in Savannah, GA or the surrounding areas and have questions about your debt relief options, let’s meet for a free consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.