Start Shaping Your New Life Today
We can help you clear up the confusion.
Here's everything a new client needs to bring to their bankruptcy preparation appointment…
It can be empowering to know your rights. We explain and protect your rights while we work with the bank and credit card companies to negotiate a debt settlement that fits your ability to pay. Most of our clients pay back 55-60 cents per dollar of debt to fully satisfy their creditors — and that amount includes attorney fees and costs.
Review our quick checklist to prepare for bankruptcy and your initial appointment with Barbara B. Braziel.
Find out more about Bankruptcy in our guide:
Preparing for Bankruptcy Checklist
- Bring 12 months of bank statements.
- All your bills (not your utility bills)
- Including medical and credit card statements. We need correspondence addresses and account numbers for all creditors.
- Tax Returns
- State and federal returns for the last two years (if self-employed, bring two (2) years of previous tax returns).
- Bank Statements
- Last 3 months of your bank statements. If you’re self-employed, bring the 12 months bank statements. Also bring any Credit Union account statements.
- Pay Stubs
- We need the last 60 days of pay stubs or if self-employed, all income and business expense records for the last 6 months.
- Additional Paperwork
- Any documents regarding lawsuits, garnishments, foreclosure or repossession notices.
- Student Loans
- Billing and payment records
- Loan Documents
- Personal loans, furniture loans and any Rent-to-Own contracts.
- Title Loans
- Title Loans or Title Pawns (contact information for companies).
- Mortgage Statement
- If you own a home and are paying off a mortgage.
- Payment Booklet
- If you’re paying off a car loan or other types of installment plan, bring the payment voucher book or statements.
- Name and address of all co-signers on loans or leases. If you have co-signed for someone or someone has co-signed for you, we need their contact information.
- Child Support
- If you pay child support, we need the names and address of all child support recipients.
- Laura K.
- Jackson M.
- Nick B.