As we explained in our article The Bankruptcy Process filing for bankruptcy is a serious financial decision, but it does not have to be frightening or confusing. We’ve been helping people file for bankruptcy for over 35-years, and we’re here to make the process as smooth as possible for our clients.
Please gather the following documents prior to meeting us for your free consultation:
- 60 Days of Pay Stubs
- 60 Days of Bank Statements
- Copies of Your Bills/Documentation of Debts You Owe
- Copy of Last Year’s Tax Return
With the above documents, we’ll be able to review your specific situation and we’ll be able to empower you with the information you need to decide if bankruptcy is the right choice for you and your family.
Prior to filing your bankruptcy case, we will need the following documents:
- 6 months of pay stubs
- 6 months of documentation of other sources of income (if applicable)
- 6 months of profit & loss statements (if self-employed or you own a business)
- Copies of your bills and documentation of other debts you owe
- Copy of your most recent mortgage statement(s)
- Copy of your most recent car loan statement(s)
- Copy of your federal and state income tax return or a transcript of the return, for the most recent filed year ending immediately before your case is filed.
- Copies of paperwork in regard to pending lawsuits, wage garnishment, bank levies, foreclosure on real property, or repossession notices
- List of all bank and credit union accounts
- Record of any interest you have in an individual educational retirement account or under a qualified state tuition program.
- Certificate of completion for pre-filing credit counseling
We understand that for some people one of the most daunting tasks is to gather documents. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with gathering all of these documents, take it one document at a time.
Plus an attorney/client agreement:
Prior to hiring a bankruptcy attorney, the law requires that the attorney provide you with a written contract that specifies what the attorney will do for you and how much the services will cost. When you work with us, we’ll review the contract with you and ensure that you understand the bankruptcy process.
Follow us on Facebook for tips on money management and getting out of debt!
All of us here at the Law Offices of Barbara B. Braziel are here to help you end your financial struggle and gain financial freedom. We offer free consultations. Contact us at (833) 522-1069 today!
We proudly serve the people of Savannah, GA and the surrounding areas, including Richmond Hill, Hinesville, Pooler, Port Wentworth, Tybee Island, Clyo, Ellabel, Midway, Ludowici, Springfield, Pembroke, Brooklet, and Garden City.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
The post The Documents Your Bankruptcy Attorney Needs appeared first on Braziel Law.